Ariel Cyber Innovation Center operates a unique simulator (trainer) based on the technology of CyberBit, the daughter company of Elbit Systems which is associated with the Computer Sciences Department of Ariel University.
The simulator constitutes practical training for cyber teams who deal with cyber warfare and defense, SOC information security experts, and network management and administrators.
The participants execute hands-on training exercises in which they encounter advanced attack scenarios in a realistic and secure environment, with the guidance of our cyber experts.
In addition to practical expertise that the trainees acquire, this training increases the efficiency of processes in the organization when dealing with incidents, improves the self-confidence of the workers, and also benefits the team’s work.
The simulator enables comprehensive training for cyber security at various levels on IT and SCADA networks, in a variety of operating systems – Windows, Linux.
This training is designed to prepare and accustom the trainees in encountering complex cyber incidents, thus strengthening and increasing the efficiency of the defense array in the cyber field, as they experience situations taken from reality without the risks that are likely to occur in real-life situations.
For whom is the simulator intended?
It is recommended that the simulator trainees possess a background and experience in one of the following fields or professions:
- The SOC department in an organization or part of an analysis, incident response or forensics group.
- Operation and support in the organizational IT department systems: system IT, system administrators, engineers and consultants.
- Developer or integrator of software systems / applications in an organization.
- Development of software / communication, for example IT, IS, CCNA.
Why is it worthwhile to train?
The course provides the trainee with a full environment, including a real image of the organization’s computational environment.
An arena creates real-time scenarios and cyber events, and allows the trainee to make decisions and operate all the components and defense programs during the training time, without damage to the company’s servers.
The main advantages of the simulator-aided guidance:
- Work in a computational environment and network that characterizes the full organizational network.
- Experience events in real-time, executed and operated by malicious programs (everything is real, including viruses, malware, exploitation of weaknesses, break-ins, etc.).
- Work in a variety of operating systems – Windows, Linux etc.
- Learn and operate a variety of tools in the field – SQL, Wireshark, Arcsight, Checkpoint/Firewall, database, etc.
- Work in a replication of the full organizational environment, including different kinds of servers: FTP, WEB, Apache, SMTP, DC, IIS, SQL, and more.
- Train teams and individuals to improve and advance their abilities, in the maximum way to increase their professionalism.
- Strengthen the communication expertise within the team, for coping with pressured situations.
- Understand work methodologies, including the subjects of ethics, decision-making and escalation.